It’s Saturday in Cartersville and hello everyone! Josee Noble here, back in your inbox to keep you up to date with all the big stuff happening locally. I wish you all a nice day. Enjoy!!!
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. High: 94 Low: 72.
Here are the top five stories in Cartersville today:
- Constituencies stayed the same this year even if federal, state and local maps have been redesigned last year, ensuring that at least a few constituencies and polling stations throughout the community amended. However, these changes will not occur this year, the constituency lines will not be adjusted until Next year. With the current system, there is a greater probability office staff doing Errors. “Until next year, we will have the opportunity to use a system much more user-friendly,said Bartow County Supervisor of Elections Joseph Kirk. Subscription: Daily Tribune)
- Both revenue and expenses have resurrected for the City of Cartersville from May 2021 to May 2022. Cartersville General Fund revenues have increased of more than $2.5 million, the city’s local option sales tax collections (SPLOT) increase of approximately $4.1 million to $5.1 million, and the city building permit and inspection fees revenues jumped from $290,963 to $738,512. During this same one-year period, the City expenses too increase. (Subscription: Daily Tribune)
- supporters the lifejacket lending station and its relatives reunited about what would have been Kaiden Lamar Franklin 6th birthday at devote the structure to his memory. The fixture, containing both youth and adult personal flotation devices, free to use for those in need, is located near where the resident of Rome drowned in Clear Creek on Lake Allatoona on May 28. (MetroAtlanta Ambulance Service via Facebook)
Today in Cartersville:
- The Second Life of Cemeteries – Euharlee Presbyterian Church Cemetery (8 hrs)
- Cartersville Farmers Market – Downtown Cartersville (8 hrs)
- Dungeons & Dragons for Adults – Cartersville Library (10 a.m.)
- Sew Creative Stitchery (Fabric Yo-yos) – Cartersville Library (1 p.m.)
- Etowah Native American Games Program – Etowah Indian Mounds Historic Site (2:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Bartow County Fire and Emergency Services: “🔥 Fire Safety Friday 🔥 Remember with the heat this summer has meant we have to be careful with lithium batteries. Batteries are found in many products we use including phones, tablets and computers portable batteries. Lithium batteries are sensitive to heat.” (Bartow County Fire and Emergency Services via Facebook)
- Cartersville-Bartow County Convention and Visitors Bureau: “Booth Western Art Museum is hosting National Cowboy Day today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy fun, food and entertainment – cowboy style! Click the Facebook link for more: https://www.facebook.com/events/4639…” (Cartersville-Bartow County Convention and Visitors Bureau via Facebook)
- Bartow County Library System: “We had a lot of fun making sea snakes and reading stories about sea monsters at Afternoon Adventures this week! Thank you to everyone who came to the program! from the tale of Summer Reading.” (Bartow County Library System via Facebook)
- Cartersville-Bartow Chamber: “We had the BEST time last night at Business After Hours! Las Palmas was a great venue. There was a great crowd. And we are so grateful to our series sponsor, Century Bank of Georgia, and host of last night, Weaver Heating & Air.” (Cartersville-Bartow Chamber via Instagram)
- Wake Park Terminus: “If you’ve been thinking of signing up, now is the time! Ride every day of the month for one low monthly price.🔥 Sign up before August 15th and get a free helmet (a $90 value)!” (Terminal Wake Park via Facebook)
- Savoy Automobile Museum: GNTC’s Hannon and Russell to speak at TEDx program in Cartersville (The Chattanoogan)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
All right, you’re all caught up for the day. I will see you soon!
— Josee Noble
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Cartersville Daily? Contact me at Cartersville@Patch.com